Watch the July 2016 Comedy Short Screenplay Winner.
THE FACTS OF LIFE by Chris Beadnell
NARRATOR – Sean Kaufmann
TINA – Elizabeth Rose Morriss
TREVOR – Robert Notman
Get to know the winning writer Chris Beadnell:
1. What is your screenplay about?
A parent’s nightmare, the dreaded ‘birds and bees’ chat. This loving father steps up to the plate to answer the questions from his inquisitive daughter. He is nervous as he awkwardly navigates his way through an explanation. But, humorously, the circumstance changes at the end.
2. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
This is a cute and heartwarming story which will resonate especially with every parent who has had the awkward task of explaining the facts of life to their children. It has a LOL ending, is family friendly and would be an easy, low budget production.
3. How would you describe this script in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The Shawshank Redemption
5. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Haha. I wrote this in 2005, but re-worked it late last year (2015). So I suppose It took me 10 years!
6. How many stories have you written?
About 11- 12. Quite a few others in various stages of completion
7. What motivated you to write this screenplay?
This was the first ever screenplay I wrote and I was inspired and motivated to write a screenplay by attending a short film festival in 2005
8. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Initially (in 2005) I had no screenplay software so I wrote it just in a Word document with no industry standard formatting or layout. When I re-wrote the script I had the appropriate program
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Sport and humanitarianism.
10. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Just write. And edit, and edit and edit. Post your work on trusted script writing forums to get ideas and feedback. When you are comfortable, enter your work in comps.
Director/Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Editor: John Johnson
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne