Genre: Comedy, Crime, Adventure
When live wire cougar/underwear CEO Sybil Sabine decides to wed her hunk young poster boy, all hell breaks loose, including blackmail, kidnapping, and murder. Will our heroine make it to the altar?
Lucia: Brianna Riche
Mrs. Sergio: Kesley Dann
Narrator: Carina Cojeen
Alfonsio: Daniel Cristofori
Papa: Ted Powers
Bodyguard: Luke Robinson
Aida: Kimberley Wells
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
Having a ball with such diverse themes as truly powerful women CEO’s; a May December hot romance, this time the man is the magnificent youth; every Mafia/Godfather film ever written; a jolly pitch for pansexuality; a wise and dignified warning against getting stoned too well and too often.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Hum…well, romantic comedy; farcical murder mystery; family life among the ultra wealthy;a warning to all overprotective mothers.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Because that’s how it conceived itself in my mind and it might provide enough fun to make some bucks…we hope.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Far out, man (2 words? You jest)
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Either GONE WITH THE WIND or BRINGING UP BABY. My artistic ethos was born, evolved, even petrified by 1940. So sue me.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Off and on, I’d estimate five years.
7. How many stories have you written?
Tons– do you mean, short, long, narrative, dramatic?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
I like the romantic duets from Gounod’s ROMEO ET JULIETTE. My tender heart has proved a damn troublemaker in art and in life, and it’s lovely to hear it transposed to superb themes, voices, and the work of other gifted artists.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Time involved in reality demands– making a living, then retiring, health issues, and a feeling it could be so much better…and trying to prove it.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Gardening, especially trees; nature, especially in our superb mountains and the every day working out of the myriad aspects of life about me; all aspects of human psychic interworkings, either within or between other souls. I adore music.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I make a point to constantly submit my material; you never know where and how it will land. Writing is not meant to snooze on a shelf. The opportunity of course for my work to be seen and heard. Some feedback is highly useful; others, well, to each his own.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Operator: Mary Cox