Genre: Comedy, Crime
Two hapless thieves attempt to rob a payday loan store, but two of the patrons have other plans.
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
The screenplay is a darkly comical look at what it takes to survive on the fringes of society, and what lengths people would go to in order to get ahead.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Action, comedy, dark comedy
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Because it would make for a hilarious short film and also be a hell of a lot of fun to produce!
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Two months on/off
7. How many stories have you written?
5 or 6
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
‘The World is Yours’ by Nas
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Figuring out how to create characters whose motivation/fears align with their actions.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Producing, film industry in general. Outside of film, motorcycles, cars, snowboarding.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
Thought it would be a fit, the feedback I received was awesome and really helped.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Operator: Mary Cox