NARRATION: Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Maria: Elizabeth Skidmore
Peter: Yehuda Fisher
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
CHARMER is at heart a love story about extreme opposites attracting. The Meet Cute occurs on Page 1, but the protagonists’ relationship evolves and deepens over the next 100 pages as they face life threatening obstacles at every turn of their hostage-rescue adventure.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
CHARMER is a road-trip script in the romantic-comedy/adventure genres.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
More than one generation of moviegoers has had little exposure to the classic road-trip movie or the fast paced, sometimes witty dialogue of films from the 30’s and 40’s. Setting CHARMER” in a contemporary adventure/action setting could appeal to Millennials (ages 21-37) and up.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Probably Mr. and Mrs. Smith
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
4-5 years, on and off.
7. How many stories have you written?
Several, with CHARMER my only ‘finished’ full length feature script.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
NOBODY DOES IT BETTER (Carly Simon)
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
It took me years to learn how to format (as styles change) and how to edit.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Family, then movies and cooking
11. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings
on the initial feedback you received?
The monthly competitions and fast feedback were appealing. Comments on my first entry were written enthusiastically.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Operator: Mary Cox