NARRATOR: Becky Shrimpton
Ally: Mahtab Sabet
Jennifer: Salma Dharsee
Christy: Kate Varadi
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
Trucker Chix teaches that when the past catches up to us and literally crashes into the present, you have to deal with it to move forward in life. The story brings out the complexities of personalities in a confined space. If one can survive a clastrophobic atmosphere with clashing temperments at 80 miles per hour you can overcome anything.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Drama and Comedy.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
From the 1970’s Convoy, Smokey and The Bandit to B.J. and The Bear, people have always been fascinated with the trucking world. Today more than ever People have their passion raised once again with Ice Road Truckers. Everyone associates freedom with the highway. What they don’t see is the world of trucking has its own set of emotional issues as well as relationship problems, all being solved, resolved or diminished driving down that highway. Trucker Chix should be made to keep that passion alive in the hearts of the fans of the open road.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Bridget Jones Diary, I just love her character and story.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
13 years. My Cohorts and I just wouldn’t give up. We believed in our characters and knew one day their time would come. We had our own clashes 1000’s of miles and an ocean a part but we made it work.
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
Barry White: My first, My last, My everything. I’m a hopeless romantic.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
My Colleagues and I are three separate times zones and a continent apart. Many ideas and versions were brainstormed and two different versions were written besides this one. Its been an adventure for sure.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
The Universe. Our world and beyond is fascinating and I will never stop learning and growing from all the discoveries. Humankind has just begun.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Operator: Mary Cox