NARRATOR: Becky Shrimpton
Polly: Salma Dharsee
Peter: Anthony Tran
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
My story is a modern day fairy tale. It is a tale about a love against the odds. A woman has a dream of finding love in a man she has adored from afar for a long time. When her life seems to derail, she uses it as a springboard to finally chase her dreams instead of standing behinds the sidelines. We get wrapped into her whimsical personality as she tries to nab the most eligible man in the world.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Comedy, Rom-Com, Dramedy
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Elizabeth Bennet is Dead is an story that encourages us to dream big through our personal ambitions. It is a story that resonates with every boy and girl, man and woman about how love is the force that makes real change. It is inspirational whether for the holiday season or on a boring Wednesday night.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Witty , Uplifting
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
I never count; – ). Maybe a tie between “Gone with the Wind” and “The Sound of Music”
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Ha! My whole life. No seriously, since 2014.
7. How many stories have you written?
Gazillions! I write daily. Once an idea hits my brain, I put it somewhere even if it is on my Notepad on my smartphone. After my first production, they crypt of tales where I store all my stories will come flooding down!
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
I used to like songs that made me tear up, but now I prefer any music that gives me a “feeling” of happiness. I can find this “feeling” in classical music, one line in a Pop song, or through a Shirley Temple song.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
The screenplay is done. The main obstacle as many know is “re-writing”. Finding the time to continue to improve this gem can be a challenge.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Encouraging my friends and family which encourages me. I love my family – they are numero uno. I like being with my family too. We like traveling together, laughing together, singing together, making fun of one another together. And then sharing that with others. Life is great.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Operator: Mary Cox