Genre: Comedy, Political
Unfinished Business is about a political chief of staff who decides to stand for her dead lover’s seat. When he returns his unfinished business becomes her problem. Veep meets The Ghost & Mrs Muir.
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
A comedy about gendered politics – in this world and the next.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Half hour studio based TV comedy
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It’s funny. It explores how our actions in this world might affect our status in the next.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The Apartment by Billy Wilder
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
Four TV scripts, another three proposals and working on a feature.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
People telling me to give it up – no one cares about the ghost. But I do.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Good television; new ways of telling stories, new ideas and perspectives.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I have entered before and the staff were great. Feedback is on point and assisted in improving the script. I would recommend this festival – people care about the work and the writing.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Matthew Toffolo
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: Kimberly Villarruel
Camera Op: Mary Cox