Lady – Lada Darewych
Mr. Susumu – Sean Ballantyne
Narration – Victoria Urquhart
Bubba – Geoff Mays
Melody – Julie C. Sheppard
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
It’s about a destitute Elvis impersonator who, in a turn of events, embarks on a road trip with a murder suspect masquerading as a nun and with a Statue street performer in hopes of winning an Elvis impersonation contest. They have to escape from a Punk-Rock Mafia crew band from who they steeled a bag of money and dope. But eventually is a story where everyone has a mask, and they need to drop their mask to find their identities.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Because it’s a character-driven quirky comedy, funny and distinctive, that avoid clichés about characters. Because it is a fresh perspective on the genre with strangely juvenile antics and contentious relationship. It gives to the comedy a sharp edge inside a sweet, life-affirming story where everyone has a mask, and is looking for their own identities.
Like a new, fresh “Little Miss Sunshine” on drugs.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Rock and Roll Mother Teresa!
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The Royal Tennenbaum
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Simple Twist of Fate
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Finding different way the characters would talk.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Operator: Mary Cox